Digital communities gives you opportunities to connect with your audiences in a way that’s natural and personal. Through targeted community interactions, you are able to generate excitement, launch products, and announce events without an old traditional ways to do it. Digital community can be defined as a group of people who interact with each other through the internet. They will share a common interest that brings them together in the community for a purpose. The purpose depend on what kind of digital community they get involved in.
There are several types of digital communities that you should be aware of:
- Support Community which provides technical support of company's product to the consumers.
- Internal Community which uses collaborative features with an existing business system.
- Media Community which allows news and content sharing about a company.
- Topical Community which allows members to talk about their opinions about a specific subject.
- Developer Community which empowers the developer to find a quick solution for the technical issue.
- Gaming Community which allows gaming experiences among members.
There are several incorrect understanding about digital community, digital community IS NOT:
- A replacement for your full customer support service.
- A showcase place for your community manager.
- An organism that grows by itself.
There must be a deep understanding of the importance of building and maintaining a digital community in order to benefit the business. The infographic below also reveals the reason why should we build a digital community for business:
- Co-Innovation: Community will help the development of your business in the future.
- Customer Success: Community creates an environment that ensures customers are successful.
- Learning: People will learn through network and community.
- Career Opportunity: Community allows members to grow and find their careers.
- Family Factors: Community can go far beyond a professional relationship.
Infographic Original Source: https://www.cyberius.com/why-should-we-build-a-digital-community-infographic/